Beautiful World is looking for students like you to help raise awareness and support for girls’ education all over the world. Take the challenge and get paired up with a student.
How to help
Start a Beautiful World Champions Club at your high school, place of worship, or community centre.
During the year, host 3 events in support of girls’ education. Club meetings and events can be used towards your 40 volunteer hours needed to receive your Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
beneﬁts of the beautiful world champions club
- Did you know every Ontario secondary school student must complete 40 hours of volunteer work to graduate? After forming a Beautiful World Champions Club, keep track of your hours spent in meetings and hosting events. Send in your tracking sheet to our head office and earn your 40 hours.
- Forming your own club looks great on resumes and applications. You will have the unique experience of being a leader in an organization focused on international development and social justice.
- Your executive team will receive letters of recommendation from Beautiful World’s founder.
- Once your club hosts all 3 events, every member will receive a certificate of completion.
- Starting a Beautiful World Champions Club will directly support the education of girls living on less than a dollar a day.
types of events
- Invite a member of the Beautiful World head office to speak to your group about girls’ education.
- Host a coffee house or talent show evening with a theme of social justice.
- Host a bake sale with proceeds going towards girls’ education.
- Have a garage sale or craft sale. You can also support Beautiful World grandmothers by selling their handmade crafts from Uganda; crafts can be supplied upon request by Beautiful World’s head office.
- Host a pizza and a movie night
- Host a walk-a-thon, read-a-thon, or even a dance-a-thon!
- Have a better idea? Host that event!
- Contact your school’s administration and let them know you want to start your own Beautiful World Champions Club.
- Register your Champions Club with Beautiful World’s Clubs Coordinator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advertise your Beautiful World Club in your school and get other students to join.
- Delegate your executive roles: decide on a president, vice-president, and treasurer.
- Get some friends together to brainstorm ideas and goals for your Champions Club.
- Host 3 events in the school year in support of girls’ education and Beautiful World.
- Track your hours and success on your timesheet. Submit your timesheet to email@example.com to receive your 40 hours of volunteer work.